Friday, April 30, 2010

January News

January 25,2010

Hey, how´s it going this week? Everything is good down here in Chile. This week went pretty well. We had a zone conference and we talked about developing Christlike attributes because that is the chapter from Preach My Gospel that we´re studying this change. This week we about 30 missionaries from the MTC here and Chile came to our sector for a missionary work activity. It was good, about 20 members from the ward came and we had each member go with one or two missionaries from the MTC and so we had about 25 companionships working in our sector Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, we got a lot done. It was a little stressful because I had to plan the whole thing with the other zone leader I´m with and the ward mission leader. But it turned out good. We had a lot of help from the ward and I think that it is going to get the members a little more excited to help the missionaries. We´re going to have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks to visit all of the people that were visited at the activity. Also, on Sunday I had to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting about adversity. It went fine. I talked about how we need to surround ourselves with good things and always stay positive. Last week for p-day we played tennis, that was a lot of fun. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Matt


January 11, 2010
This week has been pretty good for me, but really tiring. We have been working a lot so I´m pretty tired, I think I´m going to go home and take a nap for the rest of Preparation Day. But it´s good because when I work hard it makes me feel good. Sounds like you are going to have a nice slow week, finally. You deserve it, you always do too much for the holidays.

Thanks for getting me those shoes. The only other thing that I can think of is some more dried mangoes. Those are the hot item in the pension with four Elders. And they´re great to snack on in the afternoon, since we don´t eat dinner.

I got one pair of shoes re-soled, so now they don´t have holes in them. I took them to a little shop and the guy put on new soles. What he did was he cut out a slab of rubber to fit my shoe, and then put a little heel on it. But they aren´t very comfortable, I´m hoping they break in after a while. Actually, maybe some in-soles would help them be more comfortable. Could you send some in-soles in the package also? Thanks Mom.

This week was good, we had a good number of investigators at church on Sunday. The Sunday School teacher for the class of investigators is a Doctor, he´s really smart but he also is really proud. One of the investigators that we brought to class studied to be a catholic priest (he never finished, but he still studied quite a bit), so he knows his stuff when it comes to the scriptures. And the brother that was teaching and the investigator got into a big argument and it didn´t end pretty, pretty much everyone was offended at the end of the ordeal. But we talked with our investigators and I think everything will blow over in a week or two. But that was one of the more interesting things that happened this week. Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment