Monday, April 12, 2010

11/23/09 through 11/30/09






11/30/09 Thanksgiving
Sounds like you guys had a good time for Thanksgiving. This year wasn´t nearly as bad as last year. I remember being in the MTC and the MTC running out of turkey. This year we ate Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with one of the American families that lives here. So I ate a real Thanksgiving dinner, the only thing that was missing was my own family. But next year will be fun. We ate Thanksgiving dinner with the Sorenson family, and he told me that he was going to email you pictures, so you´ll be able to see that this Thanksgiving wasn´t bad at all here. Also, one day this week lunch with one of the families of the ward fell through, so we bought sushi and made a bunch of rice. This has been a pretty fun week. I´m sending a couple of pictures of the last baptism I had a couple of weeks ago. She is the lady who ran away from work to get baptized. Also, in this new area there were two companionships. But one of the Elder´s in the other companionship needs knee surgery, so he went home to get his surgery and he´s going to come back in a couple of months. So now the other companion is with us. We are a trio for right now.

I´ve got a few more ideas for Christmas. I lost my battery powered alarm clock in my last move so I need one of those. Also, I´m out of Tums and I can´t find them here in Chile. And another thing that sounds good to me is a package of those Dried Mangos. That´s about all I can think of right now. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Matt

11/23/09
Like I told you last week, I am in a really rich sector right now. And this week has definitely been an adjustment week for me. It´s crazy how nice this place is, because I have only been in other areas that are completely different. But I like this new sector, and I like the ward a lot. Actually this ward is a really weird ward. Because there are just as many Gringos and Peruvians as there are Chileans. I´m not even joking, about a quarter of the ward is from the United States. There are a lot of Gringo families that are here working for the church. The second counselor from the Area Presidency of Chile is in this ward. The Bishop and first counselor of the ward are from Utah. It is weird. But it´s really cool. This week has been really hectic, getting to know the new sector, and all of the new investigators. The missionaries that were here the week before baptized an 81 year old lady that lives two or three blocks from the house and I confirmed yesterday at church. It was really funny. At ten, when sacrament meeting started, she hadn´t arrived at church yet so the ward mission leader went to go pick her up and when he got there he saw her in the street walking to church. He told her to get in so that they would get to church faster but she refused. She said that she was going to walk to church by herself. It was really funny, she made it just in time and everything is alright now. Old people are stubborn. I bet Grandpa Lee is like that and still wants to do things his own way. So I finally put a little list together of ideas for Christmas. One of my old companions had a webster´s electronic spanish english dictionary that would be really cool. Also, you could throw in that USB of music that Brian made, and if you could put on the soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou, and Tarzan. Also, good floss is hard to find here in Chile. And the only other thing I need is bed sheets. But those would be big, so I think it would be better to send money so that I could buy them here. Also, I would really like to have your recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookies, and Dad´s for how to make really good hamburgers. But that is all that I can think of for now. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment