Monday, April 12, 2010

9/07/09

Hey,
Things are going good here. That´s cool about Spencer and Leah´s new baby girl. That´s crazy, I have one niece and one nephew that I´ve never even seen. How many more will there be when I get back?
Things here have been good. For the last couple of weeks we have been teaching a guy and he accepted a baptismal date and everything was going good. We were going to bless his daughter at church on Sunday. But when we called his house Sunday morning to confirm everything, his mom told us that he left and is in Southern Chile. When we asked his mom when he was coming back she said that she doesn´t even know if he´s going to come back. So that was pretty lame. I have no idea where he is right now or anything. And he was one of our progressing investigators. But it´s ok, because this last week we found a girl and started teaching her. And she accepted a baptismal date and came to church with us this last Sunday. When we first met her she had a nose ring, but we asked her to take it out to go to church and now she doesn´t use her nose ring anymore. She´s a golden investigator. On Sunday it was raining, and when it rains in Santiago, hardly anybody goes to church. But this investigator came with us in the rain. It was really cool. I´ve had a cold the last couple of days so that hasn´t been too fun. Last night I felt horrible, but I took some medicine and when I woke up this morning I felt a lot better. We are teaching the husband of the first person I baptized here in Pirque, and we have taught him all of the lessons. He´s gone to church a couple of times. But he doesn´t want to get baptized yet because he just doesn´t feel ready. So my companion and I prepared a really good lesson about the importance of the Priesthood and the importance of the Father in the home. And in this lesson I shared the experience of when Dad gave me a blessing of comfort before entering the MTC. I actually got a little choked up while sharing that experience because I felt the spirit so strong. So I figured I would share that with you guys and thank Dad for being a Priesthood bearer and being an example. And Mom, thanks for always loving and supporting me and doing everything to make sure I´m alright. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment