Monday, April 12, 2010

9/28/09-10/12/09

10/12/09
Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting, and our recent convert that is only eight years old and has been a member for only one month got up and bore his testimony. It was really cool, because it wasn´t one of the most eloquent testimonies that I´ve ever heard but everyone felt the spirit so strong because first, he´s only eight years old, and second, what he said came from the heart. My companion and I feel really proud to be the elders that taught him the gospel because I know that one day he´s going to be a missionary. Everything else is good. Have fun on your cruise.
Love,
Matt

10/05/09
I watched all of the sessions of conference, in english also. We had a little TV set up for all of the gringo missionaries in the primary room. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot. We also had a baptism in between the first and second session on Sunday. I would have taken pictures, but earlier in the week I had to lend my camera to a member. I gave her specific instructions to bring it to conference Sunday morning and she said she would. Then she didn´t even show up. Actually all weekend there weren´t very many members at the sessions all weekend. Yeah, we had changes today, so I´m pretty sure that Josh White will be getting here tomorrow. I´m staying in Pirque for my fifth change. That means at the end of the change I´ll have about seven and a half months there. And I´m still with the Elder that I trained. That´s three changes with him, or about four and a half months. There were a couple of other missionaries in Pirque with us the last change, but both of them were Chileans that were only in this mission waiting until they got their visas so that they could go to the United States. One is going to California and the other to Salt Lake. They both got their visas and left last Wednesday. Well, that´s about it. Tell Spence, Leah, Amelia, and Charly I say hi.
Love,
Matt



9/28/09
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend at the BYU game. But you aren´t very good at letting me know what´s going on. Did BYU even win? Things are going good here too. I have been kind of sick all week, so that hasn´t been fun. This last Sunday we confirmed Stephanie, the person that was baptized last week. I confirmed her. That was the first time I have ever confirmed anyone. I don´t need the backpack, thanks though, but I bought one here a long time ago. The only things that I could use right now are extra garments and sock. I remember when you told me that for Christmas and Birthdays I would ask for garments and socks, and now I know why. But if you do get me some garments, the same bottoms that you got me last year are good, but for the tops I would rather have the garments that have the round neck. Like the garments I have are pretty much like t-shirts, but I would rather have the garments where the neck is a little bit lower and round. I don´t know if that makes sense. Oh well, let me know if you can figure out what I was trying to say and can send me some. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment