Monday, April 12, 2010

9/21/09





Well, divisions with the delinquent elders went pretty well. Because the two days that I was with the senior companion we had really successful days. So they don´t have any excuses to slack off now. I can´t remember if I told you or not, but we found a golf course here in the sector a couple of months ago. But guess which day is they´re only day closed for maintenence. Yep, that´s right, Monday, the only day that we could possibly go golfing. But that´s alright, there are plenty of other things to keep us busy. This last week went really well. The Chilean Independence day was really fun. I have eaten so much food in the last three days it is ridiculous. But last night one of the elders that I live with and I ate one last empanada to end the weekend. And I think that that empanada gave us food poisoning because today both of us are sick. We both have thrown up today. Friday night one of the counselors in the Branch Presidency called me and told me I had to give a fifteen minute talk on Sunday. Then when I got to church on Sunday he told me that I´ve got seven minutes because one of the senior couples from the mission was there on Sunday and the guy gave a talk. The senior missionary gave the first talk, and he is one of those old guys that talks a lot. And his spanish isn´t too good yet, so he talks really slow. He ended up taking away almost all of my time. So when I got up, right after he finished, I said ¨Well, Brother Lopez called me Friday night and told me I´ve got fifteen minutes, then today in the morning he said I´ve got seven minutes. And after listening to Elder Day for the last 15-20 minutes I know why my time got cut.¨ Everyone from the ward busted up laughing and when I looked at Elder Day, he was laughing too. But from looking at his face, I could tell that he didn´t understand the joke and was just copying everyone else. It was pretty funny. Mom, I don´t think I take after you so much in the aspect of preparing lessons and talks, because I spent about a half an hour Saturday night working on the talk and then called it good. But the talk actually turned out really well. It was about why we have missionaries. We had a baptism yesterday too, it went really really well. I´ll send pictures. About the music. Putting the music on a USB instead of CD´s is a really good idea. Thanks so much for all your help. I don´t think I need anything else. Thanks again.
Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment