Monday, March 30, 2009

That trip to Moab sounds like so much fun. We definately have to do that when I get back. Things have been going good here. I baptized a ten year old girl yesterday that we have been teaching for the last couple of weeks. Her family is inactive so we are reactivating the family and baptized the girl yesterday, it is really cool to see how the baptism is bringing the family together, and the ten year old girl is setting a good example for her parents. But it was really funny because she is deathly afraid of water. We knew that something was up because everytime we talked about the baptism the girl always had a ton of questions about the water. Then when I was getting into the font with her she was freaking out a little bit. She held onto my arm with a death grip. But everything went well. The computer I´m using today doesn´t have a USB port so I´ll try and send some pictures next week. The Bishop of the ward I am in right now saw a picture of Dad that I had on my camera and said that Dad looks like Einstein, I thought that was pretty funny. General Conference is next week and I am pumped. I don´t think I have ever been this excited for conference before. Things are going good. Don´t worry about my shoes because I don´t ever use tennis shoes. After that Christmas activity when we all played soccer a rule came out where we can´t play sports, so I never use tennis shoes anyway. And when I need some I can get money from my debit card that I used before my mission. And also, I need the home address of Dustin Berlin. Everything is going good, I will talk to you next week.
Love,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Well matt, i can't beilieve you are now almost 1/4th the way done with your mission, enjoy it while you can, there will never be a time in your life when you can dedicate as much time to the gospel, to studing and teaching. I'm proud of you and am alway thinking about you and praying for your safety and for your succes in the mission field. Love you tons Elder McLean.

    Garry

    ReplyDelete