Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yeah, we got Rockports from Mr. Mac, and they´re waterproof. They actually have been really nice the couple of times that it has rained really hard here in Santiago. I asked Courtney what you guys put in my birthday package because what I got and what was written on the customs slip didn´t really match up, and it turns out like half of the package got stolen. That´s too bad. I´m not going to lie, when I opened it up I thought to myself, hmm I expected a little bit more out of a birthday package. But I didn´t want to say anything. Oh well. This week has been pretty good. It is my first week with Elder Sánchez. He is new to the mission. But he´s a good missionary. He reminds me of how it was for me when I first got out here, not knowing anything. But at least he speaks spanish. We had a baptism yesterday. It was really good. We made a slideshow of pictures of Christ and put some church music on in the background, it was pretty cool. Elder Sánchez is pretty lucky to have a baptism his first week in the mission. He´s from Perú and from what he tells me missionary work is a little bit different there. Chileans are a little bit harder when it comes to the gospel. It was funny, we were knocking doors and I did a contact, and the person was kind of rude. I´ve gotten used to it, so I just started walking to the next door but Elder Sánchez told me that if I did that contact in Perú the person would have let us in. Really nothing much has happened this week, besides the baptism and getting a new companion. Our new president is letting us do zone activities and play sports on p-day so I´m going to buy some shoes down here. I transfered $200 from my savings account to my checking account so that I can use my debit card and have a little bit of spending money. Things are going good. Interviews with the new President are this Thursday. I´m pretty excited to finally talk to President Laycock. Talk to you later.
Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment